We know there is a LOT to fit into your Orlando vacation, which is why we’ve designed this classic combination that twins the essential excitement of the Kennedy Space Center with the thrills of an airboat ride and the chance to enjoy some of the real, natural Florida
It may seem strange to combine the high-tech world of the KSC with the rural nature of airboating, but the fact is the Space Center is surrounded by conservation areas and wildlife refuges, so there is a strong link between the two, and you will get the full effect of ultra-modern and natural all on this one tour. It all starts with a gentle drive out to Brevard County where the first part of your adventure awaits on the St. Johns River. Here, on the longest river in Florida, your airboat captain will showcase the natural splendors of Central Florida with an unforgettable ride on one of these unique, flat-bottomed craft that are powered by a giant propeller. Skimming along the river and its surrounding wetlands at up to 45mph, you will catch glimpses of alligators, turtles and other wildlife that make the river their home, including the state’s abundance of birdlife, from egrets and herons to eagles and ospreys.
After your nature experience, it’s time to head to the home of One Small Step For Man and a complete immersion in the world of NASA and its astronauts. You will have the rest of the day to explore the Visitor Center and soak up the vast array of exhibits and presentations that provide the full lowdown on the past, present and future of the space program as it gears up for a return to the moon, and on to Mars. Be sure to visit the superb Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit for one of the most emotional tributes to the former earth orbiter, as well as the Shuttle Launch Experience and a host of hands-on opportunities.
- Admission into Kennedy Space Center Visitors complex
- An airboat ride on the St. Johns River and Lake Poinsett
- Roundtrip Transportation from International Drive, Disney and Kissimmee areas
- Professional, Certified and Licensed Tour Guide
Pick-up time and schedule
- Margaritaville Resort at 7:15am (Banquet and Event Entrance, 8000 Fins Up Circle, Kissimmee FL 34747)
- Golden Corral Restaurant LBV at 7.30am (8707 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821)
- Orlando Star Flyer at Icon Park at 8am (8265 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819)
Around 12 hours in total.
Free cancellations for bookings cancelled up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.