Florida was a well-known pirate hang-out in the 17th and 18th centuries – both Captain Kidd and Blackbeard were active here – so it makes sense to offer a taste of those buccaneering times on one of our Gulf Coast adventures!
But don’t worry. Nobody will be keelhauled or forced to walk the plank—we’ll show you the true fun way to have a pirate experience, courtesy of Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise from Clearwater marina.
Sailing from the heart of gorgeous Clearwater Beach – within walking distance of many of the attractions and the iconic Pier 60 – Captain Memo’s is tailor-made for a genuine family-friendly two-hour excursion aboard the Pirate’s Ransom. It all starts with a hearty “Welcome aboard!” from the Captain’s crew before the ship sets sail for the glistening, calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, where it’s perfectly possible to spot dolphins frolicking along the shore and the views of this eye-catching coastline are positively panoramic. Every voyage offers the chance to immerse yourself in pirate antics during the two-hour odyssey, which always includes a treasure hunt, face painting, water gun games, story-telling, and dancing for all ages. There are complimentary drinks for all guests – sodas for children, beer and wine for guest pirates 21 and over – and snacks are available for sale. It’s a complete entertainment package from start to finish, as well as a way just to soak up the sun and enjoy the sea-going vibe, which hits its peak in this part of “America’s Beach.”
The cruise is suitable for all ages, and children in particular get a huge kick out of it. And, for all its period style, the Pirate’s Ransom is a fully modern vessel built to US Coast Guard requirements. Don’t forget that all of our Clearwater excursions include a $20 lunch voucher, as well as the comfort of our luxury transport to and from the coast.
- Beach time
- $20 gift card per person to use for lunch at a classic beachside restaurant
- 2 hour Pirate cruise adventure on the waters of Clearwater Beach
- Roundtrip Transportation from International Drive, Disney and Kissimmee areas
- Professional, Certified and Licensed Tour Guide
Thursdays and Saturdays, year-round.
Pick-up Time & Schedule:
- Orlando Star Flyer at Icon Park at 7.15am (8265 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819)
- Golden Corral Restaurant Lake Buena Vista at 7.30am (8707 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821)
- Margaritaville Resort at 8.00am (Banquet and Event Entrance, 8000 Fins Up Circle, Kissimmee FL 34747)
Around 12 hours in total.
Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.